© CIFOR / Axel Fassio
This year’s Climate Academy on digitalization and energy transition connects experts on digitalization, energy transition and climate action.
Stage I, the online edition, starts on Monday 12 September, and is composed of sessions with webinars prepared by speakers from both energy transition and digitalization cohorts.
The sessions include:
- Monday 12 September:
- 1-2:30 p.m. CEST – Opening event: Digitalization and Energy transition – Can they lead to transformative climate action? Need, application and pathways
- 3:30-5 p.m. CEST – Dialogue with selected participants(by invitation only)
- Tuesday 13 September:
- 1-2:30 p.m. CEST – An expanded climate innovation agenda in cities – Cities as solution providers, leveraging opportunities offered by the 4th industrial revolution
- 3:30-5 p.m. CEST – Energy transition in the Global South: Challenges and Opportunities
- Wednesday 14 September:
- 1-2:30 p.m. CEST – Webinar driven by the participants – Energy Transition cohort
- 3:30-5 p.m. CEST – Webinar driven by the participants – Mixed cohort
- Thursday 15 September:
- 1-2:30 p.m. CEST – Webinar driven by the participants – Digitalization cohort
- 3:30-5 p.m. CEST – Webinar driven by the participants – mixed group
- Friday 16 September:
- 1-2:30 p.m. CEST – Energy transition and digitalization: application and way forward
- 3:30-5 p.m. CESTClosing events with selected participants – The way forward to Kigali (by invitation only)
“Climate Academy 2022: Digitalization, Energy Transition and Climate Action” is jointly organized by United Nations University’s Institute for Environment and Human Security (UNU-EHS) and Munich Re Foundation (MRF) in collaboration with the UN Climate Change Secretariat (UNFCCC) and ICLEI. It takes place annually and tackles a different topic each year.
For more information, find the flyer here or learn more here.
To participate in the Climate Academy, register here.